Deadline — Oscar-winning Gladiator co-writer/producer David Franzoni has come on mcdermottmaggieqboard to write and produce Red Flag, a Chinese history-themed adventure series starring Maggie Q, from Steven Jensen’s Independent Television Group, Mike Medavoy & Benjamin Anderson of Phoenix Pictures, and Fred Fuchs. Maggie Q’s Stalker co-star and real-life fiancé Dylan McDermott may reunite with her onscreen, possibly taking on a recurring role in the series.
Set in the early 1800s, Red Flag centers on Ching Shih (Maggie Q), a beautiful young Chinese prostitute who goes on to become one of history’s most powerful pirates and head of the most successful crime syndicate in Canton China. With over 100,000 sailors and 1500-plus vessels, Ching controlled the South China Sea while taking on the Imperial Chinese navy, the Portuguese navy, and the all-powerful British navy to eventually conquer them all.
McDermott would play Mason, an American Revolutionary. Francois Arnaud was recently cast as the male lead Carlito, the Portuguese sailor and bounty hunter engaged to hunt down and capture Ching Shih who becomes her lover.
Producers have begun pitching premium cable and digital networks with an eye to start production this fall in Malaysia.
In addition to completing 20 episodes of Kevin Williamson’s CBS drama series Stalker alongside McDermott, Maggie Q also recently wrapped Allegiant, the third installment of the Divergent series for Lionsgate.
Franzoni is repped by Paradigm; McDermott by CAA.
David Franzoni To Pen, Dylan McDermott May Recur On Maggie Q Series ‘Red Flag’
Written by Kierra on July 29 2015
Gallery Additions: Missing & Updated Events
Written by Kierra on June 05 2015
I have updated the gallery with events that were missing from the gallery and updated a few events with new pictures from events that Maggie has done this year, including the ‘Stop Using Rhino Horn’ Press Conference In Hanoi, Vietnam, the Costume Institute Benefit Gala – China: Through The Looking Glass, and most recently the 13th Annual Operation Smile Event. Enjoy!
– Appearances > Appearances in 2015 > 16th Annual Warner Bros. And InStyle Post-Golden Globe Party *updated*
– Appearances > Appearances in 2015 > Budweiser’s Toast To Dreams Event *updated*
– Appearances > Appearances in 2015 > ‘Stop Using Rhino Horn’ Press Conference In Hanoi, Vietnam
– Appearances > Appearances in 2015 > Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre In Hanoi, Vietnam
– Appearances > Appearances in 2015 > Kiehl’s 2015 Earth Day Project *updated*
– Appearances > Appearances in 2015 > Chanel Dinner – Arrivals – 2015 Tribeca Film Festival *updated*
– Appearances > Appearances in 2015 > Costume Institute Benefit Gala – China: Through The Looking Glass
– Appearances > Appearances in 2015 > 13th Annual Operation Smile Event
Gallery Additions: Missing Appearances
Written by Kierra on April 30 2015
I’ve finally gotten around to adding two missing appearances to the gallery, be sure to check them out!
– Appearances > Appearances in 2015 > Kiehl’s 2015 Earth Day Project
– Appearances > Appearances in 2015 > Chanel Dinner – Arrivals – 2015 Tribeca Film Festival
Maggie Q And Dylan McDermott To Vist Vietnam
Written by Kierra on April 08 2015
Vietnam Net — Maggie Q and Dylan McDermott will be visiting Vietnam from April 9 to 13 to join the program calling for the protection of rare animals including rhinos. Accompanying Maggie in this campaign will be world-famous celebrities such as Jackie Chan and Li Bingbing.
Maggie Q was formerly the ambassador for a campaign to protect the rhino called “Say No” in 2013. She is also known for contributions to the community through the participation in PETA’s campaign to call for environmental protection against climate change.
Maggie Q is a Vietnamese-origin American actress who is best known for the movies Rush Hour 2, Naked Weapon, Mission Impossible 3 and Insurgent.
Maggie Q Stops By ‘The View’
Written by Kierra on March 17 2015
Maggie stopped by The View this morning to continue promotion for her television series Stalker and and latest film Insurgent. You can the interview below:
(Photos) “The Divergent Series: Insurgent” New York Premiere
Written by Kierra on March 17 2015
Last night (March 16) Maggie Q attended the New York Premiere of her latest film “The Divergent Series: Insurgent” where she reprises her role as Tori. The movie will hit theaters this week. You can now check out 88+ stunning high quality photos from the premiere and after party in the gallery. Huge thanks to Mary for donating photos!
FYI: Maggie is wearing a Zuhair Murad dress and a Lee Savage clutch.
– Appearances in 2015 > “The Divergent Series: Insurgent” New York Premiere
– Appearances in 2015 > “The Divergent Series: Insurgent” New York Premiere – After Party
‘Stalker’ – 1.17 ‘Fun And Games’ Screencaptures
Written by Kierra on February 19 2015
Hello everyone! I just updated our photo gallery with 386 high definition screen captures of Maggie from Wednesday night’s all new episode of Stalker. What did you guys think? Leave a comment or tweet us to share your thoughts.
– Television Shows > Stalker (2014-) > Season One > Episode Captures > 1.17 Fun And Games